- 1 Don't keep doing what you've always been doing.
- 2 Make a plan: Set clear, multiple, and changing goals.
- 3 Weigh yourself daily.
- 4 Be a role model.
- 5 Don't attack your own team. Don't let anyone on your team attack you.
- 6 Identify and learn from iconic diet books.
- 7 Walk thirty minutes a day, every day.
- 8 See your doctor.
- 9 Do the DNA test.
- 10 Budget: Plan to afford the feeding, exercising, and dressing of you.
- 11 Get eight hours of sleep nightly.
- 12 Eat breakfast.
- 13 Self-medicate with art.
- 14 Consider surgery.
- 15 Keep a food diary and a body journal.
- 16 Add a second exercise three times a week.
- 17 Drink eight glasses of water daily.
- 18 Eat sitting down.
- 19 Eat slowly.
- 20 Find a snack you like that likes you.
- 21 Access the power of quick fixes.
- 22 Add a Zen exercise: hooping, waterjogging, watsu, or yoga.
- 23 Don't be afraid to look cheap—in restaurants.
- 24 Manage portion sizes.
- 25 Eat every three hours.
- 26 Savor HOT and COLD.
- 27 Don't initiate change you can't stick with for five years.
- 28 Find and create DNA-based go-to meals.
- 29 Use consultants: trainers, massage therapists, nutritionists, and priests.
- 30 Massage your own feet.
- 31 Drink cautiously.
- 32 Bathe to calm or bathe to excite.
- 33 Invent DNA-based care packages that work for you and yours.
- 34 Don't stay off the wagon when you fall off.
- 35 Get therapy.
- 36 Create your own spa day.
- 37 Get better hair.
- 38 Fake it till you make it.
- 39 Update beauty rituals and tools.
- 40 Shop for your future self.
- 41 Take one bite of anything and never more than two bites of anything decadent.
- 42 Uni-up: Get yourself a uniform for day and for night.
- 43 Front-load: Drink water before meals.
- 44 Draw a map of your body.
- 45 Update your goals.
- 46 Create your own spa week.
- 47 Get better hair down there.
- 48 Seize the proper props.
- 49 Don't stop short of your goal.
- 50 Celebrate dappled beauty daily—the power of the imperfect and good enough.
- 51 Cultivate new interests.
- 52 Make a health and beauty calendar.
- 53 Do it for you.
Get The Book
Buy the book now.
Request to win a copy.
Supplies are limited. If you are living in the continental United States and are economically strapped but would like a copy of Ada's Rules—let us know, by August, 12, 2012.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, street address, phone number, and a few sentences explaining why you would like a copy of Ada's Rules. We will see what we can do to get a book to you by finding a suitable donor.
Donate a new book.