- 1 Don't keep doing what you've always been doing.
- 2 Make a plan: Set clear, multiple, and changing goals.
- 3 Weigh yourself daily.
- 4 Be a role model.
- 5 Don't attack your own team. Don't let anyone on your team attack you.
- 6 Identify and learn from iconic diet books.
- 7 Walk thirty minutes a day, every day.
- 8 See your doctor.
- 9 Do the DNA test.
- 10 Budget: Plan to afford the feeding, exercising, and dressing of you.
- 11 Get eight hours of sleep nightly.
- 12 Eat breakfast.
- 13 Self-medicate with art.
- 14 Consider surgery.
- 15 Keep a food diary and a body journal.
- 16 Add a second exercise three times a week.
- 17 Drink eight glasses of water daily.
- 18 Eat sitting down.
- 19 Eat slowly.
- 20 Find a snack you like that likes you.
- 21 Access the power of quick fixes.
- 22 Add a Zen exercise: hooping, waterjogging, watsu, or yoga.
- 23 Don't be afraid to look cheap—in restaurants.
- 24 Manage portion sizes.
- 25 Eat every three hours.
- 26 Savor HOT and COLD.
- 27 Don't initiate change you can't stick with for five years.
- 28 Find and create DNA-based go-to meals.
- 29 Use consultants: trainers, massage therapists, nutritionists, and priests.
- 30 Massage your own feet.
- 31 Drink cautiously.
- 32 Bathe to calm or bathe to excite.
- 33 Invent DNA-based care packages that work for you and yours.
- 34 Don't stay off the wagon when you fall off.
- 35 Get therapy.
- 36 Create your own spa day.
- 37 Get better hair.
- 38 Fake it till you make it.
- 39 Update beauty rituals and tools.
- 40 Shop for your future self.
- 41 Take one bite of anything and never more than two bites of anything decadent.
- 42 Uni-up: Get yourself a uniform for day and for night.
- 43 Front-load: Drink water before meals.
- 44 Draw a map of your body.
- 45 Update your goals.
- 46 Create your own spa week.
- 47 Get better hair down there.
- 48 Seize the proper props.
- 49 Don't stop short of your goal.
- 50 Celebrate dappled beauty daily—the power of the imperfect and good enough.
- 51 Cultivate new interests.
- 52 Make a health and beauty calendar.
- 53 Do it for you.
Our Facebook Fan Page is the best way for members of Ada's Army to share ideas.
If you would like to be in contact with the author of Ada's Rules Alice Randall you have a few options:
Email her directly:
Check out her web page:
Contact her Literary Agent:
McCormick & Williams
37 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011
Contact her Speaking Agent:
American Program Bureau
For Members of the Links, Incorporated Only:
Professors, High School Teachers, and Students Advised to use this email address by their professor or teacher:
Would you prefer Ada's Army contact you?
Use the form below to send us your email address and you'll receive monthly updates, special offers, and more!
Request an Ada's Army speaker (one of our Generals or Lieutenant Colonels) to address your book club or church group please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Design and photography